Friday, September 13, 2013

Boxing Lower Control Arms


Boxing Lower Control Arms,

Last winter I swapped my old ( Original OEM ) control arms, springs and all to a set of new control arms from my best friend Scott Drake ( NOT!!! ) 
( You must give the man credit for getting it done to make nothing right and nothing ever fits the first time... job well done FOOL )
Anyways, I had my old lower arms and preshed laying around in the shed and gave me the idea to box them the same way as the Bud Moore cars in the 70's Trans Am Mustangs.

A forum member of the dutch Mustang and Ford forum does all kinds of welding stuff so we had contact about boxing these lower control arms. He did a great job.
Before sandblasing the hell out of them...

 After sandblasting and the first layer of hammerite paint ( oh I love hammerite ! )

The rest... 



And the result !

No comments:

Post a Comment